Saturday, May 30, 2009

Its starts . . .

What a difference a day can make. Here is a prime example that you never know how things will turn out and what hand fate may deal you.

Friday I had an interview. It was for a part time job working for a Chiropractor in Richmond. It was going to be about 15 hours a week split between Richmond and Ealing. Not ideal, not by a long shot, but its work and that's always a good thing, especially after being unemployed for six months now.

I went in, talked about the role until I was informed that half an hour before my interview, the guy interviewing me, was called about the full time CA (chiropractic assistant) in Croydon was going to go off sick for a month. There was the offer of that if I wanted it. Of the two options, it certainly was appealing. So leaning towards that, we went to get a coffee and talk over the details a little more. He left to go back to the office, telling me to come back at 3pm to meet one of the two Chiropractors in Croydon and perhaps learn a little more about what I have to do and how to do it.

When I go back, I meet the fellow, whom then takes me for coffee (OMG caffeine OD!) and explains how the practice works, numbers, hours, clients etc. Its during this time (a mere half an hour after speaking to the first fellow) that I discover the CA is in fact nor returning to work and thus the roll would be full time permanent. Woohoo! By the sounds of things, I'll have my work cut out for me organising and putting systems in place.

Having spent my first day there today, Saturday, I can see a lot that needs doing. First and foremost in my mind, the place needs to be clean. Ewwww it's really, really bad! And there is just stuff everywhere. Just you wait, I'll get it in ship, shape order. You guys know what I am like.

Last night I met up with Rachel, Pax HA from Maine who was in London on her way home from France. It was really good seeing her and catching up and just talking and sharing. It was a lovely evening weather wise too, a lovely summer night sitting in The Garden Gate's beer garden. I then walked up the hill with her back to Pax to find Maria Plaza sleeping and dazed on Heather's couch! I wouldn't at all be surprised if she woke this morning wondering if it was a dream!

Life is about to sort itself out. Watch this space.

No comments: