Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where I am at

Bleh. That's about it really. I've stopped looking at those online symptom websites because in the past ten minutes I've had everything from Strep throat to Scarlet Fever to who knows what else. I think if I'd kept on going, I would have come across a fatal disease. Totally leaving that alone! But yes, I feel crappy. Have been for a few days now, though the past two have been the worst and I am entering day three of Blehville and day two of nasty spots. Hurry up Monday, I want to go to the Doc!

Illness aside, its stunning outside. Spring has come to London and we've had some simply glorious days of sunshine and blue skies. Everything is in flower and green and just happy looking. Its nice. If I have the energy I am thinking of going out into the Heath for a walk. We'll see.

The past week or so has been insanely busy. I've met new friends (Yay for Victoria!) and met up again with old friends (Yay for Saga, Ruth and Doreen!). Eaten at a variety of cheap eats, played games in the Trocadero centre and won me a toy cat, seen movies (Doubt and Revolutionary Road -totally digging cheap cinema). Even scored two free tickets to two shows! In the same day! Woohoo! The first was 'Shout' a small musical set in the swinging 60s which I have to admit was really good! I even knew at least half of the songs, what does that tell you??? And then in the evening went along to St. Stephens (the little run down church on the corner who know the area) to see 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' which was just brilliant! I was a little weary at first, but they did a marvelous job, even managed to scare the crap out of me at one point!

I'm still unemployed. Its been a busy week on that front too. Two jobs, two call back interviews and two times still unemployed. Though to be honest, the first one I turned down because it turned out to be a job standing on the street getting people to donate money. I'm sorry, I really don't want to do that! In an interesting twist of fate, the person I 'interviewed' with on the second day, I ran into her trying to get people to sign up in Leicester Square. Like that wasn't awkward . . . and then the second job was for a company called Perform which I have to admit to being very excited about. Despite my first impressions of it being a performance school in the arts sense, it was actually a performance school, but looking at a child's performance in speaking and expression and developing skills to help them in life. Very similar to Guides in fact. Walked out of the first interview knowing I had a call back, the call back interview I was very unsure about because it didn't go as I was told it would. There was no logic or problem solving test and to date they've not contacted me either via phone or electronically despite being told they would regardless if I got the job or not. So I assume since it starts tomorrow, I didn't get it. I am pretty bummed about that.

However, it's a new week tomorrow and I just need to put my head down, bum up and keep at the job hunting. The right one will turn up I am sure.

No comments: