Friday, January 16, 2009

The Eve of D.C

Winter is here, and in stronger force than I have ever known before. We've not even ventured up to Minnesota yet! The past few days has seen the temperatures drop below zero, hovering around -17 Celsius at one point there. The very odd thing is that there is no snow outside! We had some when it was a little warmer (which sounds rather odd) but its long gone now. At least the Squirrel has been spotted back in the Gow's garden, that's something exciting!

Indeed as the title states, tomorrow we pile into the car and drive North for Washington D.C which no doubt will be a thing a lot of people will be doing in the next few days. Its all rather exciting really, I'm so happy to be going up to D.C for such a historic event. There are five of us going, and only four tickets for the ticketed area for the actual ceremony for Obama, and I nominated myself to be the one to 'miss out' only I really don't see it like that. Besides, I'm the only non-American going and I sort of feel that it's more important to them, but for different reasons. I'm happy simply to be going. Don't get me wrong, if someone handed me a ticket I am so there, but to simply be in the Mall with thousands of thousands of people is just going to be mind blowing. And I sort of feel like I'll get to experience it through the eyes of lots of different Americans. Because I am sure we'll mix and talk in the hours we're waiting for it all to begin!

I have been keeping busy. While my sole project while in the US was to sit and do a re-write of In A Heartbeat for the self publishing deal via NaNoWriMo we're also decided that Erin and I are going to help the Gow's have a clear out. We've been doing well so far and bit by bit things are happening. The past two days has been the office area and I have to admit to having a sense of accomplishment by looking at what is there now. It keeps me busy, satisfies the OCD impulses I have and it practical for those on the receiving end.

We've also settles on dates for our trip to Minnesota, via Southbend on the way up and Des Moines on the way back. February is going to be a busy month all round. A little travel, some Jeff Dunham and the daunting task of finding a job in the UK before I get there. Or at least line up interviews. Its also a little exciting too I think. Its a new chapter of life and while to begin with I won't have the freedom to get 'the' job, I think in time that will happen.

People have been asking about wedding plans and if Erin and I are breaking up or not. Firstly and most importantly, we are not breaking up. The wedding was simply post-poned because of timing and money issues. Something we've been talking about for a good few weeks now. This past week the stress of being away from routine and uncertain about future plans has taken its toll. However, things are back on the road to recovery. So no one panic, stress or worry. Everything is fine. In some twisted kind of way we should be celebrating our first, big, serious argument. In over three years when you consider all thats been going on, that's pretty good!

My return to London has also been something people have been asking about. So here's where I am at. As of today (quite early this morning in fact!!!) I've pushed applying for the OA position at Pax to the back burner. Depending on how things go, it may be something I consider at a later date. However, for the moment there strong plans of being an LTR at Pax until May. In that time, I hope to find a regular income so when May comes along, I find a new place to live and venture out into the world that way. Hopefully that for the time being will satisfy people's curiosity.

No comments: