Thursday, March 19, 2009

Theatreland

So I decided that since I was going to be by the laptop most of the day job hunting, writting job applications and well, being dull, I could at least go into Central London and do it on free wi-fi! Two issues. I'm not very confortable where I am sitting and I'm not getting a whole lot of job hunting done. Far too many distractions!

Needless to say I didn't get the job I was interviewed for last week. Oh gosh, was it really only a week ago? Wow. Anyways, its back to the drawing board and I figured out on estimate I'm finding 10 jobs a day that I could do, thus working out to be that I've applied for around 70 -80 jobs since I've been here. How can I not have heard back from any of them?! Seriously people!

At the moment I am in Covent Garden, close, ever so close to the Donmar Warehouse where Gillian Anderson will perform the role of Nora in A Dolls House starting in May. It was somewhere to aim for and hear I am. Soon I'll wander through Neals Yard. After that, I do not know.

Recently I have discovered the brilliance of YouTube (yes, slow I know) for watching old TV shows. I'm slowly making my way through the series Birds of a Feather which is a BBC show that's only had the first six episodes released on DVD and that's it. Anyways, I'm loving it! I'm finding episodes I've never seen and it reminds me why I love the show so much.

Its been a nice few days weather wise. The sun has been out and making itself known for hours at a time which makes a nice change. I've finally twigged the more time I spend in the sun, the better I feel. You'd think I would have remembered that from my last winter in London! Oh wells, a little slow off the mark at times I am. You know that.

No comments: