Tuesday, March 3, 2009

London Baby!

I have decided that I have a lot of things in common with Joey from Friends. Some, not all. Anyways, its his excitement for the Mother Country that is echoing around in my mind as I sit here at Chicago International Airport. I’m writing this offline as I have to pay for wi-fi and since I am leaving the country, that’s pointless. So here I am.

Its a rather strange sensation. I’m sitting in an American Airport listening to a group of British people talk. And it sorta scares me. In a good way, I’m sure, but I think suddenly I have realised just how huge this. Every once in a while I have these moments which remind me that I’m likely to be a tad crazier than most people. Clearly I am. I’m excited scared.

To make matters worse, the woman at Cincinnati when I checked in decided I needed to be on the earlier flight to give me more time in Chicago. Needless to say I had four minutes to say good-bye to the love of my life and future mother-in-law. Can you imagine how gut wrenching that was? In one way I guess it was better because it didn’t drag the wait out. However, I’d have liked a little more than four minutes! Needless to say it frazzled me some. But I am here, I made it.

In addition to that, I’m no longer an excess baggage virgin. Yep, I paid a lovely $50USD for having too much. In reality, it should have been $100USD but the man was nice and said in this hard economic time, everyone needs a break. I’m not a religious person, but bless that good man.

Alas, here I sit. That opening line was just for Erin. I’ve barely been able to write about my last week or two in the States and I’m off to the next country. I figure my first few days will be dedicated to getting over jet lag and getting my boxes to me safe and sound. Thus it should provide ample time to catch up on the blog and upload photos on Facebook. Or at least that’s the aim. If I somehow manage to get an interview, that’s so coming first!

No comments: