Wednesday, December 24, 2008

3330 Miles

That's the total sum of distance we drove from Los Angeles into Lexington to return the car. Which in itself was a story because the return point is listed as Lexington Bluegrass Airport. Now you see, the thing about Lexington Airport is its maybe twice the size of Wynayrd Airport, plus some. So it's not real big. So it's really hard to get lost in. Not that we got lost. But we soon discovered that the return point may have been listed as Lexington Bluegrass Airport, but the location was actually off site and we had to follow a shuttle bus to goodness knows where in Lexington. All I can figure out it, that it was actually no where near Lexington Bluegrass Airport. These people are on Frosty's side. They're all a pack of liars.

So I have missed a great bunch of time and out last few location. I actually have an offline entry on my laptop that I wrote on our night in Chattanooga, Tennessee because I couldn't pick up wireless for some stupid reason in the room we moved to. Always a great adventure on that last night to be had, I'm sure. Basically there were toilet issues and we had to shift rooms. That's all I am saying.

Anyways, that last day on the road was probably a good thing. It was high time to get out of the Van and walk and be in a house. We stopped just before the Kentucky boarder and spent a bunch of USD on some pretty awesome looking fireworks which I have to tell you I'm rather excited about lighting. I can't help it, maybe there is a small strain of pyromaniac in me.

Alas we are back home in Richmond, Kentucky. And it really is a beautiful state. I just love the scenery and the small town feel of the place. That you can be in the middle of nowhere and there is a huge massive world out there and you can just put your head in the ground and ignore it. I really love it. Hence it's been a while since I wrote. It's been a blur of catching up on sleep, unpacking, getting ready for Christmas and freezing my arse off. Seriously guys. Today is the first time is gone above zero since returning. I even feel last night on some bricks out back (twice mind you) and I can assure you it's not fun. It hurts!

That aside, I went shopping for some warm gloves and a super cool but way too warm jacket. It's multiple layers and makes me look like a marshmallow man or something. Its rather hilarious. But certainly it'll be needed when we head North to Minnesota in February, and very much so when I head to Ottawa at the end of January to see Erin M. Yay! I even have long johns. It's scary. I'm an Australian, we don't even know how to wear these things! Or at least I've never had to.

So it's Christmas in Australia and Sandi takes prize as sending me the first SMS of the holiday. At 1am in the morning, what on earth are you doing up that early girl!! But thanks, the sentiment and thought is much appreciated because it's going to suck to wait another 24 hours to open presents. I can't help it, I'm a kid at heart :-)

Thus today, December 24th, will consist of baking, present wrapping and rescuing Maggie from her void of boredom which seems very Maggie like since I imagine that it's rather weird not to be thinking about study all the frigging time. Rest assured my friend, time with me will always be entertaining!!

Anyways, I think that just about does it at the moment, time to start the day, more so that just waking up and having breakfast and a cup of Yoga Tea. Its raining now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I should feel kind of offended that you would describe my hometown as a place where you can put your head in the ground and ignore the rest of the world. What are we here, ostriches?! But you know? It's kind of true!