Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Wonderful World of Disney

Its one of those pilgrimage places for some people. Disneyland is a place I've been to before, back in 2001 with my SOAR buddies, before the place was prettied up for it's 50th birthday celebrations. I have to admit, you can see the difference, which is nice. This time it felt a little more magical.

Having been to California Adventure the day before, you can see vast differences. Namely in the crowd. And it had nothing to do with the weather, despite it being winter I do believe I've got a little tan line all ready. In California the crowd was as expected when you take into account that it's off season. Disneyland however was packed! Seriously, I remember it being really busy that hot July back in 2001, but aside from the fact it was a lot cooler, it still could have been summer. I guess the place really can be packed year round.

So I only ended up getting a photo with one character. Which is fine really, it was Goofy and he rocks. It just seemed like too much effort to wait in line for a character photo when I could wait in line for a ride. Crap, there were some good ones too! I have to said either Thunder Mountain or Indiana Jones were my favs. Splash Mountain was closed because someone broke it (there were still people stuck in it!!) and well, I think we did just about most others.

It was a hell of a long day. The ankles are starting to ache badly, well there were last night and this morning I've just sort of fallen from the bed to the floor because I couldn't sleep and here I am. I've not actually stood up yet. But it's all been worth it.

On the way into the park yesterday morning (yesterday was Disneyland) we saw a very cute humming bird in the Birds of Paradise plants which are everywhere. They are beautiful. Oh and I never got to go on the very cool looking water slide here at the hotel because it was closed by the time I got down there. But despite the hour, there were a heap of people in the pool and hot tub.

Kids here are very amusing and so animated, its been great fun watching them all. Today we pick up the hire car and hit the road. Las Vagas here we come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Get lucky in Vegas and play a slot machine for me!!
Big Money Big Money!!
Love, Loretta