Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Argh!

So I think I am going insane. I feel like trying to sort the details out of the final things has been one issue after another. Really, I feel like every time I pick up the phone to either call or receive an incoming call, something is wrong. Argh!

Finally finally after six weeks Expedia/AA have refunded my money. Yep when I booked my flight, stupidly (despite all the amounts being quoted in AUD) I was charged in USD which was a lot more than I thought I was paying. As a result, they broke my credit card and even after saying I'd get my money and a cheque in two weeks, only now, six weeks later, do I get my money and it's less than I thought it would be because of the change in the exchange rate. Argh! However, at least its finally sorted.

Then comes the costs to move house. I was quoted one thing, and it was changed. Yep, I've ended up paying an extra $200 dollars more than I thought I would. Good grief! That and people want to try and charge you lots of money for things. Like Bigpond. I have to dish out $60 so that they'll close my account. What's that about? I'm poor before I even leave I tell you. Those out there reading this, don't do it, don't move OS unless you are a millionaire! Even the awesome exchange rate is against me. When we planned on doing this, our cool road trip, the dollar was buying 0.91 USD. Now it's down at 0.63. Wholly crap!!!

Hmmm....the moving people are here. I have to go, I'll be back . . .

No comments: