Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Have, I did -It's Done!

Almost three hours into my life without hair and what the best description I can give you? Well driving along with the window down feels like that tingling sensation you get in your leg after you know that you've got pins and needles and the blood is starting to come back into that area of your body. I can tell you now it's one weirdly amazing feeling!

I woke up feeling fine all things considered. Poor Erin I think was freaking out far more than I was, infact she was the one chanting oddly "Oh my gosh you're going to lose your hair". And I was just sort of brushing her comments aside and laughing.

It began with a lovely and utterly sinful yet delicious breakfast in Ackland Street. From there we walked back to Luna Park, met up with my aunt and uncle and then they decided to show some support, along with Erin, and get their hair spray painted. It was great! Took lots of photos of this, then we walked into Luna Park. There were a lot of people around, it's a hot summers day and there are lots of kids parties going on.

Suddenly the shave stand was before us and as soon as they twigged I was shaving my head, I started to draw a crowd. I'm serious, I think I was the first female to shave my hair thus far that day at that location. And so I sign in, hand my bag to the waiting fans of camera's and video camera and phones and microphones and found my way to the thorne where by I would lose my hair.

To be honest, I think having a big crowd kinda egged me on, I didn't at all feel nervous or scared. If anything I was sweating horribly but because of the heat and nothing else. Suddenly the clippers were being set up and I went for a '0' and away she went, shaving and shaving and shaving...about five minutes later it was all over and done with. As soon as she started to remove the bulk of my hair, I began to feel nice and cool! I mean seriously, who needs aircon?!

Alas I sit here now, closer to three hours later having driven my car, sat in a public cafe with my bald head speaking to the world and having had my first shower. I can tell you, it's hard to break the habit of the routine of showering! No need to touch the hair or rub shampoo into it or wring it out at the end. It's all done for you!

For the most part I find myself forgetting I don't have hair. Until I look in the mirror or a window that it.

No comments: