Thursday, March 13, 2008

Not quite, but almost

Right now I feel kinda quiet. Wanting to withdraw and be kind of quiet while sitting at a reception desk doesn't quite work out all that well. You have to be alert, have to answer the phone and speak to people plus deal with anyone that comes up to your desk. It happens, I know, it's a part of the job but not conducive to my mood.

Why quiet? To be honest I'm really not that sure. The rational part of me knows that it's just the calm before the storm as the next few days promises to be pretty full on. In a lot of different ways and will require a lot of different emotions to surface, either in the public or in the privacy of my own home. But that other part of me that is not rational thinks that maybe there is something else going on in that tiny little brain of mind. Turning things over. Either that or I have had far too much caffine and for some odd reason it's decided to have the reverse effect on me.

There is just one full day that separates me from losing my hair. Perhaps that has lulled me. Perhaps its knowing that today is pay day but regardless I'm as poor as I was yesterday. Oddly life will do that to a person. The cost of living, eh? Or even it's just knowing that as I sit in this stuffy office, it's an awful lot more hot outside! If figure if I sit here and be all quiet like, no one will ask me to go outside and do anything for them. Not that they usually do, but knowing my luck today would be the day that they start.

No comments: