Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Starting at the Beginning

Well it's now official -I have a blog. What made me start one you ask? Well multiple reasons really. Mainly because I do keep a journal which I have not put pen to paper in since May last year. Yes, nearly a whole year. That's pretty bad on my part. I want to be able to track my life as best I can so maybe it's time to convert that tracking to an electronic version.

Also because I know a lot is going to happen in the next year or so. Much promises to change, once again, and from what I can see it's all for the better. It always is, right? I know that the time will come when I will once more depart the land of Australia and not return for some time. So for those I will leave behind, this will be a place to let them know what is going on without clogging up their e-mail accounts with endless tales and words and lines and paragraphs.

It then is also a way to let friends I have now pass on into what was. I've experienced enough thus far in life to know that friends come and go for various reasons. There is nothing wrong nor sad about about. Or at least that's how I feel now looking back. I'm very much a thinker, a reflector when it comes to past happenings. There are many, many past happenings I will no doubt reflect on. However, not all of those will make an appearance today.

I guess the most significant thing to happen in days to come will be my decision to shave my head for the Leukaemia Foundation. That happens on Saturday. Just four days from now. Its scary to be honest because I'm not really sure what I am letting myself in for. I have a lot of hang ups about myself, how I look and how I act. This will only open myself up to more riddicule (in my own mind) but I think I am ready for that. I've been facing a lot of demons this past year, coming to understand and accept myself a lot more. I also think I've come to like myself a lot more too! Which has to be a good thing.

Today I will start my blogging journey and see how far into the future it will take me. Who knows, ten years from now I still may be doing this. But knowing the rate that technology grows these days, I'm sure the blog will have been long replaced by then.

No comments: