Wednesday, May 7, 2008

NaNo thoughts

While out driving today (alas I escaped from the office!! Mel needed a driver as she's not too kean on driving unmarked cars) I began to randomly think about the fast approaching November. Perhaps not as fast approaching as say, June or July, but certainly creeping a lot closer.

The end of the year is going to be an insane one, that's for sure. I'll be packing up life here ready to move on. Good grief! Anyways, I was thinking about taking part in NaNo again. Insane? Likely, yes. But it will also make a good distraction from moving. I may need something to really focus on that's not turbulant. Though in saying that is this years idea for NaNo is like last years, I'll be flying by the seat of my pants.

Which is why I started thinking about it today. I think. That's my thoughts anyways. I want to get away from crime (as I think I've done that to death) and I want to sidetrack from life experiences (or basing there on). Take away those things and I am at a complete loss. I think maybe I should start with a character and go from there. I think what I want is a glimpse into a life. That in itself is a similar method to last year (only slightly). What I want to do is basically jump into a scene and not know anything about it. I want to explore what lay beyond the scene more so that what has made it happen. Only I'm not very sure how to do that. I'm probably setting myself for a challenge and perspective that's going to be an utter struggle to get the word count. And in saying that there is plently of time between now and then to change my mind. Which is very likely.

I guess I just wanted to share that I had been thinking about it.

An update for the gym: No slim this evening which means I will not get officially weighed. I know there is a pair of scaled in the change room, it might have to be a self weigh just to see where I am at. I know I won't know exaclty what I weighed last week, but I had a goal this week and I want to see if I got it. According to a different set of scales mind. Phew, it's all a bit confusing really!

No comments: