Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Customer Service

Or lack there of should be the title. It really pisses me off. I mean these days, seriously, no one really cares about giving good customer service and going above and beyond the call of duty. I've always been one of those people. If you're going to help someone, do it properly. Do our jobs well! Doreen would be proud. Anyways, it seems that there is a breed of non-customer friendly people. No one returns calls. No one wants to help even if you've spoken to someone else. They'd rather leave you hanging by a thread waiting and waiting and waiting for help. Our photocopier/printer/fax machine has been out since Thursday. The piece of crap and poor excuse of technology that it is seems to be more trouble than it's worth. However, the service call that was put in at 2pm on Thursday has still not been given and it's now 10L45am on Tuesday. Call after call I have made to no avail. Argh! And then there is the stationary company. Don't even start me on those dumbasses. Seriously. It just bugs the crap out of me. And then there are the new generation of admin staff in this building. Gone are the days of a Chris, or Jan or Zoe. Melanie and I are a dying breed in this place, we are the last of the old admin staff who actually gave a damn about their work, about the members we serve and the role we play.

However in thinking that, I realise that now days, I really hate my job. I can remember when I used to beam about it. I used to think I was worth something in this organisation, this squad this floor this building. But alas thats not the case. I find myself not caring. And it's because of other people which is a really bad thing because I never used to let other people influence my manner of thinking. But it's happened. Am I losing myself?

No comments: