Monday, June 16, 2008

Sniffles

That sounds like a cute name for a fluffy dog! Alas it is not, we do not have a pet and have no plans to get one in the near future. Which is a shame. I miss having pets. Rather it is a reference to a noise and action which has played a large part in my life in the past four days. Damn you winter!

However, I'm feeling much better now and after having missed bootcamp on Saturday morning am like totally kicking myself for losing such a perfect record. Darn it! Believe it or not, this is the last week, just two more sessions to go. Wednesday morning I plan to slash lots of time off my first run. Or at least some time. That's the hope and aim. We'll see how it goes.

The weekend was relatively quiet, did nothing much other than watch TV, play card games, drive a little and have dinner with a pal I have not seen for close to three years. She and her partner and another pal. What an evening it was. For me it was nice to catch up, but on the same token it also opened my eyes to a few things and allows me to see that perhaps some perspectives have been over looked. I didn't know a friend of mine could be so cruel. That is about the only way I can put it. And it's sad. Really it is.

I'm still at work and still cheesed about things going on, but in the long run it's probably best if I stay put. Trust me, if I could quit tomorrow I would. But in the long run where I want to be might mean a little sacrifice in the interum. Sounds like the story of my life really. Okay, well at least some parts of it.

Not sure if I mentioned the prospect of mum going through divorce number three. I'm not really sure where that's all at, but I just wish that it had worked out you know? I dunno. There's a history there and for once it would have been nice to see her settled and happy. Not meant to be I guess. Its kinda crazy really.

No comments: