Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Road Trippin

I'm reading a book at the moment by Bill Bryson and it's called The Lost Continent. Basically its about his experiences road tripping across America. Having done a good deal of this myself, I can actually relate to a lot of what he writes. Its all quite humerous! However, the point I wanted to make was that America really is quite a diverse place and the country changes ever so quickly from state to state. I mean we're talking a matter of miles here. You can cross the boarder into a neighbouring state and it's like being in a brand new country. People change, buildings, roads, foods it's really incredible.

If any one of you reading this are thinking about going to America for a holiday, seriously, drive it. Okay you may not fit in many major cities if you're going East to West or West to East, but even then I suppose you won't catch that many going North to South or South to North... point being that you can really see what small town America is like. I've loved it and am looking forward to the next one in December. This one will start in Los Angeles, California and take me to Richmond, Kentucky, going via Vagas, El Paso, Dallas, Atlanta and so on and so forth. We're going across the South and I have to admit I'm really excited about it! Of course there will be Disneyland at the start of it (who can't get excited about that).

Yay!

No comments: