Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chatting over Coffee

I feel like talking right now but that's one of the down sides of working at a reception desk. There isn't anyone else to talk to because I sit out here all alone. Now when I say talk, there is nothing really bothering me as such, I just feel like talking. Actually, what I would like to be doing is sitting in Starbucks sipping on a grande caremal macchiato and chatting away like I have all the time in the world. That too is the other down side of reception work -there is always something to do. Being the start of the month, there are additional things to do which suck because they're crappy jobs that take up more time than they are really worth. Oh wells.

Our PM is doing a lot of travel at the moment. This guy is going around the world shaking hands with people while all of us tax payers foot the bill. Its high time I went for PM, don't you think? Indeed I've done much travel in my time but I'd like to do some with someone else paying for me you know? And sure as hell Mr Rudd won't be flying cattle class, no sir.

For some time I have been meaning to scan lots of old photos and put them up on Facebook but I have not gotten around to it yet. I found a whole heap more I could put up the other day. My aunt and uncle were over going through all my photos for an idea they're doing for my grandparent's Christmas present and well I realised I have lots and lots and lots of photos -plenty of which are of people I have once again been put in contact with through the wonders of a social networking site. Don't you just love how technology works?! Anyways, I suddenly found I could add a few more albums to an all ready long list. I'm not real sure adding more is going to achieve anything. Just take up more of what little time I have.

This evening I'm going to the gym. I have my second PT session and my first slim session. It's probably all going to start at a great time considering I went to the doc's yesterday and she tells me I've gained a little weight. Just a little? Hell I'd like to go back to my Pax Lodge weight but that seems to be getting further and further away! I feel like it's just never going to happen. However, I'm not giving up that easily. I know there is lots to do, lots to shift but it can all be shifted by taking little steps to begin with.

I still want that coffee by the way. I'm trying to figure out a good excuse to go and get it. Mind you, Starbucks is in the CBD. Somehow I doubt I'll be able to pull that one off.

No comments: