Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I want to complain

Workers today just don't know what work is. Okay, I guess I am being role specific, company specific and just comparing myown workload in a role to the current workload in the same role. This is how it is. Before I was in my current role, I worked in the finance department in Accounts Payable/Receivable. Prior to my trip overseas I was also in that same role.

Ideally in the way the department was set up, we should have had four processors, a team leader and the Manager. However, because of the system restructure that was not the case. There was the manager, myself and on other processor, soon a second came on board close to my trip overseas. The three-four of us, while rather overworked, was able to manage the finance side of things in all circumstances for all Crime Department areas that as a whole we were accountable for. Then I went overseas. When I came back, we had a manager, a team leader and three processors. We still coped.

However, of late, the finance area (which I am now no longer a part of) has jumped to a manager, a team leader and what looks to be four processors. And yet, they are now palming off some of the processor responsibilities to people who sit in my role because the finance area feel to workload they have is too much. What the FUCK? I mean come on, you people have no idea what a workload is by comparison!!

And I don't understand why I should suddenly have to do their work for them. It's going to cause lots of problems further down the line because there is no open communication between finance and the people in my role. Thus the people in my role really have no idea what they are doing!! If finance are accountable for everything, then they should be doing everything and not getting mad at "us" when we get it wrong.

The whole thing just really pisses me off! I know, I probably haven't explained it really well and not explained everything for a large number of reasons, but I just needed to vent somewhere. Argh!!!

No comments: