Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ideal World

I've started a little fan group on Facebook for me. Now don't get the wrong idea, I'm not all big headed and like attention drawn to myself. However, I do one day want to have a book published and thus consider myself to be an author of the future. I'd like to have a little fan base starting now, even if it is like ten years away and is only an article in a newspaper or magazine. Actually I've pretty much achieved that all ready so I have no choice but to move onto bigger and better things.

What I was wanting to get at is while in the process of posting up small bits and pieces of my writing works thus far spanning close to ten years, I realised that in the grand scheme of things I would be very happy to be able to sit anywhere I wished with my laptop and write until my heart was content. And while doing that, I would have my SLR camera by my side and be taking photos and be getting photo recognition as well. Things are peachy in my world, I mean really, how cool would that kind of life be?

Nancy has been putting cards together and giving them to little craft shops in and around Berea in Kentucky. Selling the cards mind you. Like I'm making money! Indeed it is only a few small dollars but it's proof that I can actually pull something like that off. I know I can take good, if not great, photos but I had never really considered making money out of it. Same as my writing. I do both because I enjoy it, because it can relax me and make me take a step back from this world and stand in the background and observe for a while. The best place to find inspiration if you ask me.

Then it would come down to where I would like. See in the big plan, the ultimate gain, I would like to spend 6-8 months in London and then 6-8 months in the USA. I'd get the best of both worlds and be in the various countries at various times of the year and be able to see all the seasons. I took some brilliant photos (if I do say so myself) in the fall in The Greak Smokey Mountains, and some awesome snow photos in Kentucky in January. But I also have some rather haunting photos of London in July and some almost bleak ones in March.

Pondering all this right here and right now really doesn't get me anywhere because my immeadiate future will all depend on if I get my greencard to enter the US as a resident. If not, then London will become home again. Point being I am leaving Australia at the end of the year. But so much is in limbo at the moment it's like driving me mad. I want the next few months to fly by and suddenly I want it to be August so I know what fate the American Immigration Department has handed me. That way I can start to make more concrete plans.

No comments: